Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My 3 Year Old Boss


I am sitting in bed listening to my newly turned 3 year old scream in her room. I know it is my fault that I would sit in her room till she fell asleep some night but that has to stop. She can fall asleep on her own but tonight she is being stubborn. So far tonight she has had 2 tantrums, a round of me singing to her, her dad singing to her a few hugs and kisses and now another tantrum. I really thought it was the terrible 2's but so far 3 has been much worse.

She really does dictate most of what goes on in my life. Never realized it but kids have so much influence over our lives. Down to the very last detail... where we shop, what we buy, places to spend vacations, times to eat, places to eat (you don't want to be that parent in the restaurant with the bratty kid!) and where to live. Of course I wouldn't give it up for anything! Seeing how she grows and manipulates the system on a daily basis is a treat.

I can still hear her in the background screaming "Daddy, RIGHT NOW!" I have to admit that she is persistent. Another word that has described her since infancy is "determined", the jury is still out on how crazy that makes your life.

Being a parent is the toughest job in the world. Still can't believe I am having another one. I am not ready at all! Have I gone insane?

4 comments:

  1. don't worry, 3 is SUPPOSED to be worse than 2! It starts to get bad at 2.5 and lasts until 3.5 or so

    ReplyDelete
  2. They keep saying there is an end in sight. I'll let you know when I see it...

    Then again, you may get there first. Send help if you don't see me on the other side, would ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But she's so cute it's hard to not let her get away with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh... the other night she said "You are being a bitch Mommy" cause I made her sit down to eat. Yup, I am mean.

    ReplyDelete